The Federation conducts activities like trainings, meetings, workshops and events, marketing, exposure visits etc. These activities serve as a platform to upgrade and diversify the skills of its members. It also gives them as an opportunity to interact and exchange skills for better viability.
Mainly through three outlets:
- SEWA Kalakruti:
Collective marketing to mainstream the products of Women Artisans' Co-operatives eliminating the middlemen.
'SEWA Kalakruti' is a concept of collective marketing to mainstream the products of Women Artisans' Co-operatives eliminating the middlemen. With display facilities, exhibition arrangements and effectively laid counters, the centre is known for prompt customer service. SEWA Kalakruti has two outlets in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. It serves as a common platform for artisans and customers to negotiate and formalize sales orders. The centre links them with various marketing possibilities. A number of national as well as international exhibitions are also organized spearheaded by SEWA.
- Fish outlet:
Matsyagandha Co-operative established a wholesale outlet in Chamanpura area, Ahmedabad with the aim of supplying adequate fish regularly to the vendor members and to establish linkage between fish producers and fish vendors. This shop happens to be the first and only women's wholesale shop in the market.
- Shop No. 40
Shop No. 40 of Agriculture Producers Marketing Committee (APMC) Market in Jamalpur area of Ahmedabad city as established with a broad mission of economic empowerment of SEWA member-women engaged in cultivation and distribution of vegetables. It is the only women managed store in a market of close of 100 shops.
The shop also:
- Links rural vegetable producers and vendors by eliminating exploitative intermediaries and hence hidden costs
- Introduces efficient marketing system that enhances the income and benefits both producers and vendors alike
- Provides support services like technical inputs, credit and transportation facilities
The Federation organizes planning meetings every year, where different co-operatives discuss and present their business plans for the year. Sustainability and work methodology are also discussed. Moreover, annual general meetings are held for the board members and monthly meetings for staff as well as board members are held for efficient functioning.
Exposure Visits with the purpose of
- Learning and exchanging the ideas with different organizations or co-operative structures
- Market study in different parts of countries,
- The Federation organizes national/international exposure visits for its Board members, staff and the members of different co-operatives.
The Federation organizes national/international exposure visits for its Board members, staff and the members of different co-operatives.
Events/Workshops/Seminars are organized regularly.